PlayerFile Purges, Battlepass Idea, and More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlayerFile Purges, Battlepass Idea, and More

So, Syriac suggested the idea of doing an annual purge for pfiles. I was going to suggest something similar, but not quite to that extreme end. I think the idea has merit, and he wouldn't go through with it to hurt the game. For anyone seeing that post/poll, please know that it's not going to happen without the knowledge of it being in the best interest of the game.

As I stated on the other post, there needs to be some limitations to the purge, if it were to happen. For starters, 50/50/50 does take time and effort, and just having that thrown in to the streets may not be a completely viable option. However, there are always solutions. Hell, Syriac might be one of the best problem solvers you'll ever find. With this in mind, I have some ideas of my own to throw on top of the idea.

We create a Hall of Fame. Players who wish to keep their character active must apply for HoF status, and meet a list of requirement. For example, a certain amount of hours must be met as one. Back in the day, I'd create a 50/50/50 in a few days, but only one I would consider to be HoF material. Hell, Syriac had to make a LOT of changes to the game because he more or less broke the game in many ways. Damage Caps, HP caps...the list goes on. I think requiring the player to contribute an area would greatly influence their ability to receive HoF status. Doing this, though, might cause a few problems. Players have contributed high level gear and randoms to new players to provide an advantage. I think this is something we're all guilty of doing. A friend makes a new character, and we login with an Eff50 to hook them up. It's not a crime, but it does water down the EQ system. Level 10s shouldn't be walking around with 50dmg and 35hr. To combat this, HoF players will need to be restricted on their interactions with low levels. Perhaps disallowing them to give EQ to anyone under Eff50 would help with this.

HoF must be voted on by immortals. Just applying does not grant you HoF status. Earn it, and we'll be fair.

Battlepass
    This idea is a stolen concept from the current online gaming world. Everywhere from Fortnite to mobile games are doing this.

Rather than annual purges, as suggested by Syriac, this could mark the time for purges. Create a 2-3 month "season", as it's called with Fortnite, and something my kids look forward to every time they announce a new one is coming, would provide a long enough time within the game for players to reach 50/50/50. If you're unfamiliar, a battlepass is setup to reward players for achieving milestones within the game. For example, multiclassing to a new class would be a milestone, and you'd likely receive a reward for it. Having 25,000 gold in the bank might be another. There are many, many things would could use to do this.

This would require some major coding from Syriac, so the structure of this could take quite a bit of time. However, it'd keep the game interesting, and provide something more than just the XP grind.

50/50/50 Involvement
    We've ran into a problem with not having much to do once a player hits this mark. While I am not entirely sure how to go about solving this issue just yet, I'd love some ideas to bounce around with Syriac. What is something that would incentivize the 50/50/50 to login and grind? New zones aimed at this group? New quest opportunities? I will be thinking about this over the next few days to see what hell I can approach Syriac with.

Reincarnation
    With the idea of purges, let's have this be a thing should that take place. A player may choose to recreate their character, receiving certain things automatically such as a special item or two, half their deposited gold, XP bonuses, or some other things to be thought of later.

Profiles
    I'd like to see player profiles added, and by that, a special account file separate from characters that characters are attached to. Perhaps these could allow a player to receive certain perks. Either by in-game achievements, or through real-money purchases (although I think Syriac has always been against the idea of selling perks).

Anyhow, just some thoughts. I'd love some feedback, and I'm sure Syriac would as well.

I don't agree with the character purge at if I think most of us put time and effort into building a char and have them whiped just because. I think that would cause players to quit why work at building a character just to watch it poof.
    i do like the battlepass idea maybe so much XP you get something or how many mobs you kill you get something etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
      I don't agree with the character purge at if I think most of us put time and effort into building a char and have them whiped just because. I think that would cause players to quit why work at building a character just to watch it poof.
      i do like the battlepass idea maybe so much XP you get something or how many mobs you kill you get something etc etc
      Again, this is just a thought that Syriac had. Without a clear benefit, I don't think he'll accept that as the path to travel.

As for the battlepass, I think it is almost a situation that we need something of the sort, and to not dive into making it a reality is somewhat silly. However, the final decision on that is Syriac's alone. It'll likely be a pain to develop.

Comment

I also dont agree with the character purge because I wouldnt want to have to restart my character after ive worked hard on building and leveling up my player, also we want to encourage newbies to play but if one of them joined and then left for a while and came back to their character being deleted they most likely wouldnt want to join again. Again with the seasons idea one of the ways it works in fortnite i believe is that your progress is reset but you keep your items, i wouldnt want to have to restart my leveling over again every season. I know very little about fortnite so correct me if im wrong on this thats just how im pretty sure it works since some of my friends play fortnite. I do like the achivement idea that would be something fun to do at 50/50/50 so even though your done leveling you could still try and get new achivements are maybe if you got all achivements there was some special prize or something thatd be cool. Sorry if this doesnt make much sense, i didnt really think through what i was typing i just thought of all of this in the middle of typing it.

Comment

Working...
        X