Player Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Housing

This is not anything special, but it could be worthwhile.

​​​​​At a Glance:
    Players purchase particular package. 3 room, 4 room, 5 room etc.
    Players can purchase special furniture.
    bed to heal faster for example
    INVITE command to allow other players inside
    Special Rooms like arena flagged as FreePK for sparring, storeroom for saving gear, etc.
    A Familiar Mob for portaling in?
    Portal Purchases to specific zones? Higher prices for major zones like Circus.
    Plenty of other ideas are out there, I'm sure.

This all just popped until my head as a potential gold sink, and to give players something else to shoot for.

omg yes plllllllllllllease

Comment

​​​​​At a Glance:
      Players purchase particular package. 3 room, 4 room, 5 room etc. Great idea
      Players can purchase special furniture. #lazyoby
      bed to heal faster for example Love this
      INVITE command to allow other players inside Could just allow the entire group to enter
      Special Rooms like arena flagged as FreePK for sparring, storeroom for saving gear, etc. maybe limit item storage to 10 like swish
      A Familiar Mob for portaling in? how would u stop others from portaling in?
      Portal Purchases to specific zones? Higher prices for major zones like Circus. Dunno about this one.. how would u get people out of their house
      Plenty of other ideas are out there, I'm sure.
      • Maybe u can "recruit" classes to live with you?
        • Mage mob could cast mage spells on you (maybe like lvl 50 spells)
        • Cleric could heal you
        • so on
      • High level thief could have a chance to pick the lock to your door and fight your storage mob for a *chance to steal 1 item from your storage
        • PK only
        • on allowed when the person who owns the house is on (dunno if this could be done)
        • mob could be like lvl 200 something.. hard mob
        • Owner could get a message that someone is trying to break in.
          • Owner could reinforce the door to stop the attack
      • Maybe instead of player owned this could be a following project. maybe a replacement for Temples? or Temple additions?

Comment

I want the INVITE command for different reasons. For starters, if you do have a storage room, and you have something you want a buddy to have but they're not online, you can initiate an invite to allow them to get it when you're offline. It lasts only for a single entry into the house.

Familiar to portal into the home: This would be like a password. Only you would know the mob's name; and therefore only you could portal to it.

The amount of portals is dependent upon the amount of rooms you have. You can only have so many exits to "somewhere".

"Recruiting"...I suppose that'd be more like "purchasing"?

Every little thing can have a price on it.

Your lock picking idea can be used, and you can purchase higher level locks to deter thieving? Perhaps, have sentinel mobs within the house. If you fail the pick, they appear and attack you. Higher chance of success if the player is online. Lower chances if they're online and unable to protect it.

Followings are already allowed different things somewhat like this if I'm not mistaken. Loners don't get these beneficial parts of the game.

Comment

I'd have to think about how to code this without having to make an edit to an area file every time... that seems to be the only major sticking point to me. If I can have the MUD build rooms into a database and then populate them on demand... maybe. I don't think there is anyway to link these to external areas so the lock picking thing is kind of out. I'm not sure about using them to hoard additional eq, since we seem to have a lot of that already with just bags... I need to adjust the carry weight code maybe so people's hands get full and can't carry as much. Was thinking about limiting the number of randoms a player can hold on to in general. Swish holds 10 items as well, so plenty of ways to keep stuff.

I'm I am outlining this in my head, it would essentially move a player "Out of bounds" since they wouldn't be in an actual room, they'd kind of be floating in the ether and the MUD would make it appear like they are in a house. The could invite other people, which would really just be the same sort of visual trick to display that room. I could add a heal factor and other items, but those might really just be mere coding tricks as well...

In summary:
          • Like idea at a fundamental level.
          • Increased regen speeds, okay.
          • Don't like hard coding rooms into the area files because then you run into expansion problem and it will get messy fast.
          • Don't like the idea of using it to hoard even more eq.

My questions back to everyone:
          • How do we stop people from just popping into these homes to avoid PK/MKs?
          • This would potentially be a ton of work, are there better areas to focus on first?

Comment

Originally posted by syriac View Post
            In summary:
            • Like idea at a fundamental level.
            • Increased regen speeds, okay.
            • Don't like hard coding rooms into the area files because then you run into expansion problem and it will get messy fast.
            • Don't like the idea of using it to hoard even more eq.

My questions back to everyone:
            • How do we stop people from just popping into these homes to avoid PK/MKs?
            • This would potentially be a ton of work, are there better areas to focus on first?
            1) Of course you do. I came up with it.
            2) Hell yeah.
            3) There are plenty of garbage vnums that can be used. Maybe create so many houses to start, link it sort of how temples are, and having a player housing area? Just pre-build different homes, have them sit empty until someone goes to it and purchases it? Adding descriptions would be the interesting part. OLC could allow it through progs, but each room would have to have the prog. Not too difficult if they're pre-built in Area Editor.
            4) Fair.

5) NoAstral Flags; which would eliminate a portal mob. Maybe a special recall spell that'd allow them to recall to their house rather than guild? Make the spell have a fight counter, and can only be used after so many seconds after being in a fight?
            6) What do you mean by "better areas to focus on"? Aspects of the idea to focus on, or areas to build in general?

Comment

I like the concept and ideas such as some ideas Belerik said

- A sparring room
              - A private room you can invite people to

But having to purchase things for it would create a lot of work for Syraic and it could be much more simple if instead of having to purchase things every player had their own little area and each area had the same restrictions on it. So maybe every room could have a certain restriction on people in it. Also, I believe that instead of having to purchase better locks to prevents thievery that only the owner of the room should be allowed in and only players they invite to it should be allowed in. It could also be where a player can only be in the room they were invited to if the owner of the room is in there as well. If your a PK player your room would be a PK room, and if you're a Non-PK player your room would be Non-PK. The rooms would obviously have to be no summon, no portal, no astral and all that to prevent other players getting in. Syriac could also use the code for the old following store rooms where each player could wear a key and can only get in if they are wearing that key.

In other words each room could be simple,

- A bed
              - A restriction on an amount of players in the room
              - No bags to prevent eq hoarding

Players can sleep in the bed to heal faster, and they can use an INVITE command to invite players to the room, but there could be a restriction of 3 or so people.

Beleriks idea is a way to spend gold but we may be able to come up with other gold spending ideas that dont require as much code for Syriac.

This is just my personal opinion and how I think the idea could be more simple for Syriac to code.
              Overall I think Belerik had a nice idea which maybe in the future could become something, but for now I think we should try to keep it on the simple side so that Syriac doesnt have too much code to worry about. (Plus all the code he already has to add and fix to improve the realm daily!)

- Adalia

Last edited by Adalia; 06-09-2020, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X