Class Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Adjustments

Noticed an abundance of Ranger/Mage combo characters in the game, so I began a discussion.

It appears that Warriors have become a thing of the past. With the amount of hits being done by Rangers, Enhanced Damage is no longer a wanted skill. The DMG Cap becomes obsolete, rendering Enhanced Damage completely useless. In other words, the Cap is working against Warriors.

Possible Solutions we've come up with:
    Cap bonus for warriors. 4 hits for a ranger at 150 is far superior to 2 hits at 150. Make them the monsters they're meant to be.
    Shield Block needs to be more of a thing. Warriors are supposed to be your Armored Division. Let them roll over things.
    OM's are saturating the game. A Ranger that goes OM also receives Enhanced Damage. So, what they miss as a warrior, they can receive as OM. Put a cap on how many per following?

Wizards have also become quite irrelevant. Silence as a spell?

I agree with everything you said warriors should have shield block as a skill not a passive there damage should be higher then the cap and maybe a natural da like 1 da a level or .5da a level but only in barbarian class. Maybe give them rage or berserker mode adds to damage da but drops AC and he

Comment

Maybe something like stances for barb?

Berserk would open the warrior up to more hits, but their rage would make them hit more
      Defensive would reduce damage delt but increase DA or saves

What about having a warrior skill that would replace the warriors weapon with their shield. Could block alot more and all damage done would be done with the shield. Maybe crafting spikes to their shields.. adding poisons to their shields.. (sorry for the sentence structure doing this from my phone)

Comment

I do agree with the Ordained Mortal thing. I feel that there probably should be a cap on how many OMs per following because everytime I log on all I see is OMs everywhere. If everyone can become ordained then whats so special about it anyways?

Comment

Yeah,

I sort of agree. But some if it, I think we just don't understand.

Originally posted by Belerik View Post

It appears that Warriors have become a thing of the past. With the amount of hits being done by Rangers, Enhanced Damage is no longer a wanted skill. The DMG Cap becomes obsolete, rendering Enhanced Damage completely useless. In other words, the Cap is working against Warriors.
          Yes and No. My understanding of the damage cap is that it maxes the base number ancillary bonus are compounded upon. Meaning that all else being equal, you will swing harder with enhanced damage than you will without it.

With that said, I was a warrior and I was jealous of the ranger's swing. What I learned, was there are a many circumstantial items that impact the final swing. And I also noticed barbarian bonuses that we all have overlooked...

1. Something is going on with the swing here, I just don't believe it is the damage cap.
          2. And yes, classes other than warrior should not receive enhanced damage. It definitely dilutes the skill.

Originally posted by Belerik View Post
          Possible Solutions we've come up with:
          Cap bonus for warriors. 4 hits for a ranger at 150 is far superior to 2 hits at 150. Make them the monsters they're meant to be.
          Shield Block needs to be more of a thing. Warriors are supposed to be your Armored Division. Let them roll over things.
          OM's are saturating the game. A Ranger that goes OM also receives Enhanced Damage. So, what they miss as a warrior, they can receive as OM. Put a cap on how many per following?

Wizards have also become quite irrelevant. Silence as a spell?
          I like some of it:

More-so than cap bonuses, I prefer my previous idea that eliminates the cap entirely.
          Shield block improvements sound cool - tank away
          OM's are saturating the game and they should not receive enhanced damage as a skill
          I support capping OM's to 1 - Earn it, and then earn the right to keep it.
          I haven't yet played a wizard, but I also don't see a lot of clerics and they freaking rock.

I'm going to add that everyone can wear metal armor... I mean, thieves sneak around in adamantine. This is another "warrior" bonus that remains unrecognized, and I would prefer if both weapons and armor were more specialized.

Best Regards,

-Modric

Comment

Originally posted by Modric View Post
            Yeah,

I sort of agree. But some if it, I think we just don't understand.

Yes and No. My understanding of the damage cap is that it maxes the base number ancillary bonus are compounded upon. Meaning that all else being equal, you will swing harder with enhanced damage than you will without it.

With that said, I was a warrior and I was jealous of the ranger's swing. What I learned, was there are a many circumstantial items that impact the final swing. And I also noticed barbarian bonuses that we all have overlooked...

1. Something is going on with the swing here, I just don't believe it is the damage cap.
            2. And yes, classes other than warrior should not receive enhanced damage. It definitely dilutes the skill.

I like some of it:

More-so than cap bonuses, I prefer my previous idea that eliminates the cap entirely.
            Shield block improvements sound cool - tank away
            OM's are saturating the game and they should not receive enhanced damage as a skill
            I support capping OM's to 1 - Earn it, and then earn the right to keep it.
            I haven't yet played a wizard, but I also don't see a lot of clerics and they freaking rock.

I'm going to add that everyone can wear metal armor... I mean, thieves sneak around in adamantine. This is another "warrior" bonus that remains unrecognized, and I would prefer if both weapons and armor were more specialized.

Best Regards,

-Modric
            Originally OMs were capped to 3 at the max with the FLIs power level needing to be greater. For such a small player base, maybe even 3 is a bit excessive. On the flip side, they can buy extra slots with FBUY. I'm not really opposed to this, but I can see the frustration with having so many OM wandering around.

There's definitely a lot of factors that go into swing, I think there are a lot of assumptions, but ultimately most are incorrect. Modric mentioned the barbarian bonus (say that 3x fast), which is a real thing. Shield block is primarily based on the AC of your shield, not tied to any specific skill. I feel between armor deflections / shield blocking / dodge & parry there are plenty of ways to avoid attacks in a round. I almost feel there may be too many contrary to the thoughts here :P But I'm just a jerk who nerfs all the fun because people can't get to level 50 in 48 seconds anymore ;( :P (Totally teasing you guys, you know I sort of like you all at least a little)

Comment

Working...
            X